UDL Connect

Online Community of Practice for UDL Implementors

Introductions

Introduce yourself to the group.  Who are you?  What do you do?  What are your interests?  What do you hope to gain from the institute?  What are some topics or special skills you can share with others?

Comment

You need to be a member of Weymouth Public Schools to add comments!

Comment by Joanne Powers on March 12, 2013 at 10:00am

Hi, I'm Joanne Powers.  I teach second grade at Ralph Talbot. I'm hoping to learn new ways to meet the needs of diverse learners.

Comment by Ashley Moran on March 12, 2013 at 9:53am

Hello Everyone!!! I am Ashley Moran and I work as the Integrated Kindergarten Special Education Teacher at Pingree School. I hope to gain more of an understanding of universal design and to collaborate with others throughout Weymouth.

Comment by Shana Leiter on March 12, 2013 at 9:49am
Hi Everyone! Happy Tuesday. I'm Shana Leiter and I work as a speech- language pathologist at Seach and Pingree. I am hoping to gain some useful strategies to accommodate all learners across the school setting.
Comment by Nicole Buckley on March 12, 2013 at 9:47am

Hello! My name is Nicole Buckley. I am a second grade teacher at Hamilton Primary. I am looking forward to learning new techniques for my classroom.

Comment by heike mertens-tuplin on March 12, 2013 at 9:47am

Hi. I am Heike Tuplin. I teach grade 3 at Academy Avenue School. I am looking forward to learning as much as I can about UDL and incorporating it into my classroom.

Comment by Joan Fitzpatrick on March 12, 2013 at 9:47am

Hi, I'm Joan Fitzpatrick, special needs teacher at the Wessagusset school, students K-2.  I am very interested in reading instruction for all learners.  I am completing a masters in reading from Bridgewater State.  Since I am an inclusion teacher, I would like to incorporate Universal Design in classrooms.

Comment by Jill Berry on March 12, 2013 at 9:47am

I am a Special Ed Teacher at the J.E.C.C. I work in the Communication Enhancement Program with children with disabilities. I have been working in Weymouth for 6 years and in the field for 13 years. I am happy to be here and get a better understanding of the program.

Comment by Jessica Busa on March 12, 2013 at 9:46am

Hi I'm Jessica Busa from Talbot school . I am a special education teacher. I hope to learn new ways to implement the curriculum so that all different types of students can lean.

:)

Comment by Doreen Kennedy on March 12, 2013 at 9:46am

I am a special needs teacher at Pingree elementary. This year I am teaching a kindergarten life skills program. I hope to learn strategies and skills that allow me to reach learners in the inclusive classroom. I am looking forward to learning these new resources and being involved in a project that has a direct hands on impact for learners.

Comment by Taryn Long on March 12, 2013 at 9:46am
Hi I am a prescool teacher in Weymouth at JECC. I love working with young children who are eager to learn new things. I hope to gain knowledge and ideas to use in my classroom.
Comment by Jeremy Angelos on March 12, 2013 at 9:46am
Hi my name is Jeremy Angelos, I am a third grade inclusion teacher at The Seach school. I look forward to implementing more technology into my lessons by taking this professional development.
Comment by Allison Posey on March 12, 2013 at 9:46am

Hi!

I am Allison Posey, one of the workshop facilitators. I currently work with CAST in Professional and Online learning. My teaching background includes high school science (biology, anatomy, psychology) and my educational interests include consideration of arts in education, 'GT' education, and inclusion of Mind, Brain, and Education perspectives. Outside of work I like to jog and paint, although I rarely have enough time- my two kids keep me very busy and my house has plenty of 'fix-it' projects.

One of my favorite UDL- artist examples is Paul Smith, a typewritter artist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiHyQhf9qAY

Comment by kristen sullivan on March 12, 2013 at 9:46am

I work at the Nash Primary School as the special education teacher for my building. I've been teaching in Weymouth for 9 years. 

Comment by Julie Igo on March 12, 2013 at 9:44am

Hi My Name is Julie Igo.  I am a first grade teacher at Ralph Talbot Primary. I hope to find new and ways to work with all levels of academic skill.  

Comment by Emily Simmons on March 12, 2013 at 9:42am

Hello All, 
I'm Emily Simmons. I work at Academy Ave as the teacher in TLC :) Looking forward to getting started with UdL!

Comment by Grace Meo on March 11, 2013 at 11:12am

Hello from Grace Meo,

I work at CAST as the Director of Professional Development and have the pleasure of working with educators who are committed to improving academic outcomes for all.  UDL is integral to my work and I truly enjoy the opportunity to learn from educators how we can align UDL to their practices.  I look forward to meeting each of you and to our work together.

Grace

Comment by Peggy Coyne on December 2, 2011 at 12:08pm

Greetings,

My name is Peggy Coyne and I work at CAST where I am a research scientist and UDL supporter. I love to learn new things, right now I am working on a writing project and learning amazing things about that complicated process. I look forward to working with all of you over the next two days, knowing how much I will learn from all of you.

Stay Connected

Get archived issues of the e-newsletter: UDL Focus

Go to archive

Follow us!

Facebook LogoTwitter Logo Diigo logoGoogle+ icon

Visitor Map

Locations of visitors to this page

© 2017   Created by National Center on UDL.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service