UDL Connect

Online Community of Practice for UDL Implementors

UDL at CAST August 2013 Institute

Information

UDL at CAST August 2013 Institute

Welcome to the UDL Institute at CAST, August 2014!

We will use this space to share information, ideas, and resources.

Members: 20
Latest Activity: Jul 31, 2014

Workshop Goals and Resources:

Essential Question: How do you design classroom/instructional practices that address learner variability?

Session Goals:

• to explore how UDL addresses the challenge of learner variability
  • to examine how Universal Design for Learning (UDL) applies to practice

Three day agenda

Day 1 Resources

Day 2 Resources

Day 3 Resources

Contact us:

Allison Posey, aposey@cast.org

Loui Lord Nelson, llnelson@cast.org

Discussion Forum

Join us at CAST for an Institute!

Hi, Happy New Year!I wanted to let you all know of the 2014 CAST Institutes... hope you have a great year! Send up updates on your UDL activities.AllisonRegister Now: CAST’s 2014 UDL Institutes …Continue

Started by Allison Posey Jan 22, 2014.

introduction

Hi all,I am the lady from Belgium. I work in a national non-profit organisation in the Flemish part of Belgium. This organisation offers support to schools (directors and staff): pedagogical matters,…Continue

Started by Marleen Clissen Aug 20, 2013.

Introductions! Take a moment and introduce yourselves to the group. 2 Replies

Hi!I am Allison Posey, one of the institute facilitators. I currently and the Director of CAST's Institutes and Workshops and work in instructional design. My teaching background includes high school…Continue

Started by Allison Posey. Last reply by Angie Wieneke Aug 20, 2013.

Comment Wall

Comment

You need to be a member of UDL at CAST August 2013 Institute to add comments!

Comment by Allison Posey on August 28, 2013 at 12:45pm

Hi, If you have other staff who may be interested in UDL... thought I'd let you all know:

CAST still has some openings for our fall online course: UDL101: An Introduction to Universal Design for Learning. In this introductory course, participants learn the research basis for UDL, practical applications of UDL to lesson design, and helpful technology tools that support flexible, inclusive instruction. Please visit our registration page to sign up.

Thanks! Enjoy the holiday weekend, Allison

Comment by Allison Posey on August 27, 2013 at 8:49am

Good morning, Marleen!

Have a great day back and feel free to be in touch. We also find it to be challenging to summarize UDL!

Best,

Allison

Comment by Marleen Clissen on August 27, 2013 at 4:55am

Hi Allison and Loui,

Today is my first working day in Brussels and I am very excited to talk to my coworkers about UDL. It is quite a challenge to summarize what I have learned, especially since it has to been done in Flemish!

Thank you both very much for all the input and for all I have learned. I do hope we will meet again. I am very curious about what Yvonne will mail me.

Kind regards,

Marleen

Comment by Allison Posey on August 23, 2013 at 10:38am

Good morning--

CAST is much more quiet without you all here this morning- I hope your travels home went smoothly, whether by train, plane, or ferry! I've updated some information from the break out sessions. Please feel free to continue to use this site and post discussions or ask questions at any point!

Thank you, again, for an engaging 3 days in Wakefield.

Allison and Loui

Stay Connected

Get archived issues of the e-newsletter: UDL Focus

Go to archive

Follow us!

Facebook LogoTwitter Logo Diigo logoGoogle+ icon

Visitor Map

Locations of visitors to this page

© 2017   Created by National Center on UDL.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service