UDL Connect

Online Community of Practice for UDL Implementors

"UDL: Better Learning and Instruction by Design" - March 6, 2015_UDL Presentation for Towson University Faculty

Information

"UDL: Better Learning and Instruction by Design" - March 6, 2015_UDL Presentation for Towson University Faculty

This site is crafted to share resources and information with faculty and participants attending this event in March 2015.

Session Goals:

• Share strategies, technologies, and techniques across thirteen years of developing a graduate course in universal design for learning.
  • Share steps and benchmarks in considering the UDL lens as applied to design of other graduate courses.
  • Explore UDL practices and techniques that have been applied in successful ways to improve these courses and engage student learning.
  • Explore new resources on UDL and implications for best practice in higher education.
  • Expand your thinking for delivering face-to-face, blended, and online courses that consider the core principles and guidelines of UDL.

Members: 9
Latest Activity: Apr 29, 2016

Dr. Fran Smith

Educator, consultant, adjunct professor, UDL fellow, technology innovator, early adopter, author, national/international presenter, member CAST UDL professional development cadre, photographer, vocational evaluation practitioner, assistive technology practitioner, member UDL national task force, blogger, connected learner

Blog: http://www.recognizingdifferences.com

Guiding Questions

Q #1.  How can I learn more about the principles and framework of UDL?

Q #2: How are the UDL principles supported by the UDL guidelines and checkpoints?

Q #3: Where can I find information about tools and technologies that incorporate UDL scaffolds and supports?

Q #4: How is UDL being applied in higher education? Where are the resources?

Several Examples:

Discussion Forum

This group does not have any discussions yet.

Comment Wall

Comment

You need to be a member of "UDL: Better Learning and Instruction by Design" - March 6, 2015_UDL Presentation for Towson University Faculty to add comments!

Comment by Michelle Pasko on March 28, 2015 at 6:37am

Dr. Smith, thank you for a great presentation! We all thoroughly enjoyed everything you had to offer. 
If anyone would like a closer look at the projects and rubric Toni and I shared, please visit our padlet: http://padlet.com/tguidi/yprtejzk1st2.

Comment by Emily Halligan on March 12, 2015 at 5:06pm

Your talk was full of inspiring ideas, Dr. Smith!  Thank you for making the trip under less than ideal weather circumstances to share your experience and resources with us.

As requested, I'm posting the link to the presentation on UDL and Academic Advising (specifically, the online Open Majors advising module) that I shared during the event:

http://app.emaze.com/@AOWWICLF/udl--tu-academic-advising-project-op....

For the module itself:  

http://udlstudio.cast.org/titlepage/bookId/441144

(requires log in to UDL Studio).  

I welcome questions, comments, and feedback - thanks!

Comment by Claire Holmes on March 12, 2015 at 10:43am

Thanks for the resources, Dr. Smith! Even with the wintery weather, last Friday was a great day of UDL PD at TU! 

~Claire Holmes

(TU Education Librarian)

Comment by Fran Smith on March 6, 2015 at 6:16pm

Thanks to all the wonderful educators who joined the conversation and presentation on Friday, even amid the cold, snowy and icy conditions. What an honor to work with such a motivated and engaged (excited - new term I learned today to mean engaged) group. Wonderful UDL exemplars reside at Towson University!

Stay Connected

Get archived issues of the e-newsletter: UDL Focus

Go to archive

Follow us!

Facebook LogoTwitter Logo Diigo logoGoogle+ icon

Visitor Map

Locations of visitors to this page

© 2017   Created by National Center on UDL.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service