This workshop introduces Universal Design for Learning, and emphasizes the application and understanding of UDL principles and guidelines when addressing the unique and diverse needs of students in the 21st century classroom. Participants will have opportunities to:
· Make connections between learning and neuroscience
· Apply UDL principles, related guidelines and checkpoints to curriculum planning
· Explore a curriculum framework of goals, methods, materials, and assessment as a structure for designing lessons
· Identify examples of practice that illustrate alignment of UDL to curriculum
· Apply hands-on exploration of technologies that support UDL
. Develop common understanding of UDL and learner variability.
. Introduce UDL lesson planning practices
Please bring a laptop with you to the workshop each day!
Alexis and Bonnie
Location: Fitchburg, MA
Latest Activity: Aug 19, 2015
Videos & Resources from Presentation:
Alexis Created Resources for Goal Setting & Reflection:
StudentgoalsettingBOYAcademicSocial.pdf BOY= Beginning of Year
Other Resources, Books, & Tools to Explore:
SYMBALOO For UDL: Many different color coded resources and links to digital tools
Wounded by School Book by Kirsten Olsen
Square Peg Book by Todd Rose
MindUp- Hawn Foundation: Neuroscience Curriculum to discuss and practice Mindfulness in the classroom
Stop the Clock: http://www.oswego.org/ocsd-web/games/stoptheclock/sthec2.html
Remind 101: https://www.remind.com/ User friendly site, 1 way communication to send out notices, homework, etc. to text messages for students/parents who sign up. THEY sign up and you need to approve them. *Texting rates apply for those receiving texts... One directional communication
This group does not have any discussions yet.